Right now, we want to share how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Mini to android 2.3.6 Gingerbread just in 10 minutes. Right! You just need 10 minutes to do this tutorial. Just to inform you that how to upgrade Galaxy Mini to Android 2.3.6 is actually similar with how to upgrade it to earlier version (2.3.x). You can follow this tutorial is your Samsung Galaxy Mini is still running on Android 2.2 Froyo.
Before upgrade Samsung Galaxy Mini to Android 2.3.6, make sure you’ve prepared all things needed. Here are what are needed if you want to upgrade Galaxy Mini to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread:
- Make sure the battery was full or at least 50%
- Make sure the driver of Samsung Galaxy Mini was installed into your Windows PC. You can install from Samsung Kies CD that’s packed with your phone.
- Don’t forget to prepare USB cable to connect your device with PC
- Download all files needed from this link (firmware android 2.3.6, ops, odin) and extract it to some folder in your PC (password: androidadvices.com)
If you’ve already prepared all of those, now you can start to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Mini to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. Please remember the time you starting this upgrade and the time you have finished in doing it. Here is tutorial to upgrade Galaxy Mini to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread :
1. Switch off your device and run on Download Mode (pres volume down+power+home button)
2. Open Odin app that you’ve downloaded
3. Connect your Galaxy Mini with your PC using USB cable
4. Wait for a few minutes until Odin detected your device. You’ll see text “COM-PORT**) when the device was ready
5. Click on OPS button and search OPS – TASS_v1.0.ops in the folder you extract dowloaded files, and also do it for
- BOOT and select APBOOT_S5570JVKT1_CL703231_REV02_user_low_true.tar.md5
- Phone and select MODEM_S5570XWKT2_CL698112_REV02.tar.md5
- PDA and select CODE_S5570JVKT1_CL703231_REV02_user_low_true.tar.md5
- CSC and select GT-S5570-MULTI-CSC-OJVKT1.tar.md5
6. The last step, click on Start and wait for about 5 minutes, upgrading is in progress
If the process was finished, you can unplug the USB cable and restart your Galaxy Mini. Now, your Galaxy Mini is running on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. That’s how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Mini to android 2.3.6 Gingerbread just in 10 minutes (downloading process not calculated).